ABL Busy Bees Support Group
ABL is beginning a Zoom support group. The first group will be held on Tuesday, April 27 at 6:30pm. We are very excited that Ms. Lindy Guidry will be conducting the group sessions. Lindy is a licensed professional counselor. Some of you may have met her through our Busy Bees meeting on our Zoom convention this year.
We are hoping that this will be a success and as an organization we can reach out to individuals in need.
What is this support group all about?
This support group is about helping people with vision loss to:
- Feel less depressed about a big challenge in our lives that affects any and everything we do or want to do.
- Improve management of anxiety, apprehension, and fear that comes with visual impairment.
- Gain insight and new perspectives on a variety of topics that relate to vision loss.
- Gain emotional support from being in the company of others sharing the same experiences.
- Cope with the feelings of frustration and anger that are a big part of visual impairment.
- Stop feeling overwhelmed, helpless, powerless, or vulnerable.
- Learn what we need to do differently and how we can do things differently in order to resume our lives.
- Gain knowledge of special devices, skills, resources, and opportunities that exist for people with vision loss.
- Make well thought out, individual choices for ourselves and for our lives.
- Take positive steps toward gaining and maintaining independence and purpose in our lives.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
Here is the link and phone number to use to enter the first session on Tuesday, April 27 at 6:30pm:
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/6639625326
Meeting ID: 663 962 5326